Community Champions are a diverse group of volunteers who share key public health messages (either in person or on their social media) We really value those Champions who have English an additional language.
Community Champions Project
Community Champions is a project coordinated by Forum Central and Voluntary Action Leeds, supported by Leeds City Council.
Community Champions are a bank of volunteers to help share key public health messages across Leeds.
Volunteers are trained and supported to have meaningful conversations and receive updates on messaging to share with friends/family or attend events in communities. Community Champions will be supported, receive an induction, training and will be invited to attend monthly peer support sessions.
There are 3 Community Champion roles –
- Community Champions: will pledge to support COVID-19 and wider key health messages through engagement/communication with their family, friends, neighbours, and their networks which can take place in person or via social media.
- Community Engagement Champions: These volunteers will engage in more formal community engagement activities in the following ways:
- Support a range of partners including LCC and NHS in response to COVID-19 outbreaks, vaccination clinics/sites to promote health messaging in the community and access to vaccinations, including the booster vaccines.
- Design and deliver their own community engagement activities/events to share COVID-19 and key health messages with support provided by delivery providers.
- Community Champions Organisations: organisations such as the third sector, local businesses, educational establishments, including grass root groups, constituted groups and residents’ associations etc. will pledge to support Community Champion messaging and sign-up staff and volunteers to become Community Champions to support sharing key health messages around COVID-19 including vaccinations/boosters amongst staff, service users and communities.
If you would like to request the support of Community Champion volunteers to support an event, please contact email@example.com or complete the form here
Follow us on Twitter – https://twitter.com/CommChamps and find lots of useful information on our Doing Good Leeds page https://doinggoodleeds.org.uk/community-champions/